Friday, February 1, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.    ISAIAH 9:6-7

Let us not forget what this day is all about!

That morning when Easton woke up, I told him that Santa Claus had come to visit him!  Of course this is more of my excitement than his considering he is only 11 months old.  =)






Waiting on Easton so that they can open their presents!







After having our first morning family Christmas at our house it was on to the next....For lunch we headed to Kevin's Aunts house to spend time with his side of the family.  

Uncle Kevin and Caroline

All of the Crooks men.  (Great picture!)

Father and Sons


Our little family! (Minus the dogs)
Our last stop of the day was my parents house.  We did a little shuffling with the Christmas schedule this year.  We usually see my family in the morning and then are at our own house for dinner.  But since having a baby I thought it would be best if we swapped it so that E could have time to open and play with his toys.  Another tradition was that at the parents house for Christmas morning, ever since I was little, my mom and I would make a HUGE breakfast.  Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, orange rolls, monkey bread, the works!  So since we wouldn't be seeing them for Christmas morning anymore we decided to flip flop and keep the big breakfast but eat it for dinner!  I loved the idea and its such a neat tradition!


Just a little of the yummyness.

By the end of the day my camera wasn't attached to my hip like it had been that morning, so there are really no pictures of Easton at my parents house.  The best thing to him was this cardboard box!  Of course! Easton had so much fun all day on his first Christmas!  It can only get better from here! We hope you had a Merry Christmas! 
For this is the Day that the Lord has Made!  

No comments:

Post a Comment