Monday, January 23, 2012

37 Weeks


Here we are at 37 weeks preggo! I went to the doctor on Tuesday (1/17/12) and the doctor said that I am still measuring right on track and his heart rate sounds great! Good news for mommy's ears! Also, she said that I am now 2-2 1/2 cm dilated and 70 % effaced! WOW! She said that when I go into labor that I could go quick. So she told me not to sit around at home when I start feeling the real contractions. So far the only thing I'm feeling are braxton hicks contractions, though they are getting more intense and frequent. I go back to the doctor tomorrow (1/24/12) so we will see if I have made any progress and what she has to tell me. (We also have our tour of the new Women's Facility at Brookwood tomorrow and I'm very excited about that) I feel I am physically ready for him to come. By that I mean his room is done and I have everything I could possibly need. Mentally I am a little nervous. There are times when I think to myself how excited I am to meet him, then that quickly turns to anxiety and worry about if I am really ready for the responsibility that lies ahead. I know all first time mothers feel this way and that everything will fall into place as it should.



Yay! Baby has reached full term. He likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.


Your baby at 37 weeks
He's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
He's getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for his first diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment