Thursday, November 10, 2011

27 Weeks


I went to the doctor this week for my regular check-up plus my glucose screening. It was rough from the get go that morning before my appointment. All I had to eat was 2 pieces of cheese toast and some water. Anybody who knows me, knows that OJ is a must have thing for me. I LOVE it and can never get enough. Unfortunately that is one of the things I could not have, obviously, before my test. It was very hard to resist when I opened that fridge door for the cheese. =) I was a good girl and said no! I got to the doctor's office and they gave me a very sugary orange drink. Alot like a thicker Sunkist to me. I didn't think that it was bad at all. I was glad that my mom was able to go with me to help the time pass while we waited for that hour. Also while we waited, they put us in a room to see my OBGYN.

Easton and I are still right on target! I'm measuring where I should be and his HR was in the 150s. (after that drink he was jumping around all over the place). The other good thing is that I PASSED! No gestational diabetes for me! However when they called to tell me my results they also told me that my blood count was a little low and that I would need to start on an Iron pill. So far I haven't really had any of the side affects that come with taking Iron supplements.

This is the last week for my 2nd trimester! Its SO hard to believe that we are moving in to the last phase of pregnancy. WOW!


In this week, my baby weighs almost 2 pounds!! Like a head of Cauliflower. And is about 14 1/2 inches long with legs extended.

He's practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs.
It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And his brain will keep on getting more complex.




No comments:

Post a Comment