Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 12

Week 12 (and Month 3). My second doctor's appointment was yesterday- July 20th, 2011. Because my doctor was out of town, I did meet one of the other doctors in the practice. This is good because in the end it may not be my doctor that is actually delivering our baby. Well, better start meeting and greeting now. =0) The heart rate was 140. She was able to use a fetal doppler this time and hear the heart beat just perfectly! My next check-up is August 17th. I will be 16 weeks then and we will be that much closer to finding out the sex of this little plum!





Your baby's the size of a plum!
The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces. Now that he/she has gotten pretty much all her parts, her main job is to keep on growing. He/She is about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly. He/She is now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move.
It is also opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment