Saturday, August 6, 2011

13 Weeks

This week I am still feeling wonderful! Still bouts of nausea in the shower in the morning, but no trips to the bathroom. I have noticed that lately when I am asleep at night, that my dreams are becoming weirder and weirder. Some of them are quite frightening (to where I wake up with my mind reeling and cant go back to sleep) and others that I just find odd and amusing. I know that that is all part of this amazing process and the hormones that come with it. Kevin and I also have the special privilege of being able to hear our babies heart beat at home. Thanks to Nikki Runnels she let be borrow her at home Pocket Fetal Doppler from when she was pregnant. Now that it is easy to hear using a Doppler, it is very enjoyable to be able to sit in your own bed and hear this little "peach!" Thanks again Nikki!!




Your baby's the size of a peach!
She's about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces, and -- proportion-wise -- her head's now about 1/3 the size of her body. And even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints.



1 comment:

  1. You're welcome girl! It is so refreshing to be able to hear the heartbeat whenever you want to :) Oh, and the dreams....a few of mine were so bad that I didn't want to go to sleep the next night because I was afraid of having another nightmare...but the majority of mine were just plain WEIRD!! I am so glad that you are having a wonderful pregnancy :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete