Monday, August 1, 2011

1+1=3? We're Pregnant!!!!!



On June 1st, 2011 I had a hunch that something was different. Good different of course. It was my off day and I woke up very early, after Kevin had left for work, and took a pregnancy test. I couldn't sleep for thinking about what might possibly happen. I started the test and left the room thinking that our lives could change in the next, LONG, 3 minutes. It was strange because I knew what I wanted to see, but was nervous to see it (if that makes since). I finally went back into the bathroom to see 2 PINK LINES!! I was filled with excitement, anxiety, joy, fear, and love. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror thinking and saying, "No way."



I had all day to finally let it sink in, as much as I could, before Kevin came home from work that afternoon. I decided that I really wanted to involve the dogs in telling him about our joyous news. Our dogs are our first children and I knew that would make it even more special to use them. When my husband got home from work he went and layed on the couch like normal. I sent the dogs in to see him one at a time. I had a sign on each of their necks.... (oh and by the way this was the 1st and Kevin's birthday was the 13th)

I sent Wriggley in first (telling them to "go see Kevin") and his sign read, "Mom has an early Birthday present for you..."



Then, once his interest was peaked, I sent Logan in. His sign read, "But it wont be here for 9 months! I love you! Once he read that sign he processed for a couple seconds and then turned around to look my direction and with a huge smile said "Really"? I nodded my head and said yup we're pregnant! He got up off the couch and we had our moment together.

We are completely, and totally, 100 %, excitedly, nervous, and head over heals! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love love love this. How creative. What a wonderful story! Put this in that baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!! I love it!! I can't wait to meet my little baby Crooks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I love the way you told Kevin. What a great idea!! I can't wait to see baby bump and to meet your little one!!!!

    ReplyDelete