Wednesday, February 15, 2012

38 Weeks

Well as I'm sure you know our little miracle was about 10 days early. Because he came early I didn't get a chance to take a 38 week belly picture. I should have taken one in my hospital gown. Ha! But I wanted to complete the belly posts because I want to be able to print this out one day as a keepsake. Also I'm a little bit OCD and the thought of missing a week, especially the last one, drove me crazy. Ive been meaning to mention in one of my belly posts about how cute Kevin has been during this pregnancy. (This is mainly for me to remember) But every Tuesday, even though my "new" weeks started on Thursdays, Kevin would grab the iPad and watch a weekly pregnancy video. There is a lady called the "Pregnancy Health Guru" on Utube and she has illustream videos for people to watch. She tells you about what is going on with you and baby in your new pregnancy week. Sometimes we would watch them together, but mostly he beat me to them every time. My husband is more of an electronic gadget guy. So reading a book to get the same info wasn't as appealing. There isn't much more for me to write about in this the last week of my pregnancy. CRAZY! I cant believe this 9 1/2 month journey is over. No more belly kicks and hiccups to feel. This is a little sad to think about, but I know that the real journey is just getting started. I cant wait!






Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. His head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
He may have about an inch or so of hair already.
He's slowly shedding that white goo on his skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment