Wednesday, April 10, 2013

An Easter Bucket

Last year, E's first Easter, I didn't get him a basket of goodies because he was only about 2 1/2 months old.  I knew he wouldn't get much out of it.  I decided this would be the best year to start with his very own Easter basket. 
I wanted it to be different though.  I really like the idea of an Easter bucket instead of a basket!  I found a bucket on Pinterest that I liked the look of, so I decided that I would try my hand at making E his bucket instead of buying one pre-made.  (I'm sure the pre-made ones would probably look better but nothing beats "homemade" right?) 

My Inspiration!
I went to Hobby Lobby (love this place) to see what they had in the way of buckets.  I was hoping I could find one that was already one solid color.  But that wasn't the case.  I had to settle for this Cars bucket.  I still had paint left over from when we painted Easton's nursery so I decided to use that.  Plus it just so happened to be the same color as my inspiration bucket. 
 I painted the bucket a turquoise blue and the handle a springy yellow.  It took 2-3 coats of paint to cover up Lightening McQueen! ;)
 I had some leftover fabric from E's bookcase, so I cut out an "E" and decided to Mod Podge it to the bucket. 
 I'm kind of new to the world of Mod Podge, but so far I love it!  You can use it for anything!
 Next I needed some white letters for his name.  Since free handing him name with white paint would be out of the question, (who knows what it would turn out like) I headed back to Hobby Lobby and picked up some great foam letters.  They add a little bit of dimension to it.

 Then came polka dots!  I only did the back side of the bucket.  I'm still on the fence about whether I should put them across the front too.  I can always go back and add them. 

 Well here it is! Our finished Easter Bucket!  I had alot of fun making it and it turned out better than I thought it would.  Little man enjoyed it.  However, I think it will be next year before we really grasp the concept of Easter and being able to use the bucket and search for eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment